Wish list of improvements to ROI_PAC
0) SCANSAR data from Envisat and ALOS. Work has begun on this at JPL.
1) SCANSAR-standard/fine beam combination (Envisat and ALOS). Some work already done by Ana Bertran Ortiz and Howard Zebker at Stanford.
2) IntSim: I have a couple of suggested improvements:
a) Recently I've noticed that the azimuth offset between the simulation and the interferogram for some scenes longer than about 20,000 lines is quadratic and can't be matched with an affine transformation. I showed this to Paul R. at the DESDynI workshop, but a fix isn't clear. I have a kludge that runs IntSim twice to solve this problem. b) It would be nice if IntSim made the simulation in small bits (like, e.g., resamp_roi) instead of as a single large matrix, especially for big files. c) A lesser concern is that it would be nice if we could account for geoid heights, given that most DEM heights are relative to the geoid. I've done this for some test areas and not noticed any effect
3) SCH_TO_DEM: It seems this has been upgraded from the old version that I used successfully around the year 2000, but no longer produces any result for my South American data. Since my old version only works on the SGI and I no longer have access to a working SGI I haven't gotten far in debugging this yet. I've also added quadratic baselines to inverse3d.pl
4) Azimuth offsets: There are some scripts that are almost ready for prime time (but they are partly in matlab). In addition, along-track InSAR (Bechor & Zebker 2006 or the Scripps groups 2008 paper on the Altai earthquake) capability should be added.
5) For my own homework, I'm working on a new and improved missing line detector for ERS (particularly important in South America) that I'll release soon (I hope).
6) Non-affine resamp_roi (use the full offset field via rubber-sheeting like what the glacier folks use and Sang-Ho Yun did for the Galapagos)
7) Use DEM during co-registration process (may be required for X-band data?) (This has perhaps been done by the Scripps group?)
8) Add capability to process Seasat, SIR-C, TerraSAR-X, Radarsat-2 and Cosmo-Skymed data
- ROI_pac v3.1 will be able to process Cosmo-Skymed (Raw/SLC) and TerraSAR-X (SLC) data.
9) PLR ALOS data (perhaps already done by Stanford?) This is in the ALOS_preproc package released in Aug. 2008.
10) Improve capability to handle scenes with different PRF's (particularly for ALOS) This is now done and tested and is in ROI_pac 3.0.1 release.
- 11) Make deskewed SLCs? (I think this is what Andy Hooper's persistent scatter code needs, but perhaps this is not required?)
13) Allow baseline re-estimation using a co-seismic model when processing images as date2-date1. So far, the substraction "interferogram - model" assumes that the interferogram is created as date1-date2. Taking this into account, should only require a test at the end of "removeModel.pl" which would allow "add_cpx... 1" instead of "add_cpx... -1" if interferogram is created as date2-date1.
14) Create seperate process_*.pl scripts for speckle tracking (both in range and azimuth) and geocoding of amplitude images (without need for full InSAR processing)